Description of the studies
The Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technologies Engineering has two main objectives:
- Creating polivalent generalist engineers with training in Physics and Mathematics, who, despite having no professional attributions, would be absolutely valid in the industrial world, for instance, in business R&D departments, positions of responsibility in small and medium-sized businesses, as part of multidisciplinary teams, or as teachers in secondary education or vocational training institutions.
- Providing students with a solid base of scientific and technological skills and knowledge that will facilitate their access to and successful completion of Master’s Degrees. Such degrees may be the Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, specialization programs in traditional areas of knowledge (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.) or in emerging areas (MBA, Bioengineering, Nanotechnologies, New Materials, etc.), or master’s degrees aimed at research and, later, at the completion of a PhD Program.
- To train engineers with a generalist, multidisciplinary and integrative approach to industrial techniques and technologies.
- To provide our graduates with a strong background of scientific-technical knowledge in the areas related to industrial engineering that will enable them to tackle many current and future issues that arise in modern industry. This training approach offers a holistic view of the different aspects, procedures and challenges that arise in the design and maintenance of production processes, and in the design and manufacture of products.
- To enable graduates to act in the field of product concept design and industrial processes. They will be qualified to lead and develop projects involving: the installation, assembly or running of mechanical equipment, electrical, electronic and power installations, as well as to analyze and improve industrial products and processes, to manage quality and environmental management systems, to run departments of product development, technical engineering, innovation or strategy, and to carry out research or innovation projects in the industrial field.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technologies Engineering offers the knowledge and skills required to operate in the technology-based business sector, an area that plays a vital role in today’s economic development.
Present-day engineers must have a dynamic professional profile and will be required to perform a wide range of activities over the course of their professional life, as a result of the evolution of technologies in the industrial field. Therefore, it is advisable to acquire a good basic transversal education, and objectives should be aimed at achieving competences regarding knowledge and applications of technologies in the business field.
They can be consulted in this section: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technologies.
Ultreia 2020 Excellence Program of the Xunta de Galicia
The Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technologies Engineering was selected to take part in the Excellence Program of the Galician University System: Ultreia 2020. This plan includes a set of actions aimed at achieving a new upgrade in quality of the Galician universities.
Pursuant to this plan, from the 18/19 academic year onwards, an English program will be offered for those students who desire to study up to 80% of the degree credits in this language.
Out of the total number of places offered, 20 are reserved for this program.
Recommended Candidate Profile
The recommended candidate profile regarding skills, abilities and previous knowledge is a student who has successfully completed the technological branch of secondary education. The following qualities are considered desirable in a student:
- Basic knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Graphic Expression and Computers.
- Full ability to read, reflect and communicate orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of a foreign language (preferably English).
- Inquisitiveness, curiosity and initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Interest in the degree and the profession to which it leads.
- These graduates are the best qualified to successfully complete the studies leading to the Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, which grants full professional attributions to industrial engineers.
- Due to their solid scientific training and a wide variety of knowledge regarding different technologies, they present a general and multifunctional profile.
- They are able to fill positions of responsibility in small and medium-sized companies or be part of multidisciplinary teams in any type of company.
- They have the ability to integrate knowledge from different areas in order to draw up and develop projects in the field of industrial engineering.