In compliance with current regulations at the University of Vigo, PhD Dissertations must obtain authorization from the Academic Commission corresponding to the doctoral program in which the student is enrolled.
Consequently, as a general rule, those PhD Dissertations that meet the following criteria will be accepted to proceed to public defense by the Academic Commission:
- The student author of the PhD Dissertation must justify having completed a minimum of two years in the research period.
- The student must have passed 9 ECTS of basic training courses. He/she must have passed all the training supplements established by the Academic Commission, if this is the case.
- In assessing the quality of the PhD Dissertation, the following merits will be taken into account, always understanding those derived from the PhD Dissertation itself:
- Publications in journals of recognized value located in the first third of any of the lists by scientific fields included in the “Subject Category Listing” of the “Journal Citation Reports” of the “Social Science Citation Index” and the Science Citation Index (Institute for Scientific Information – ISI-, Philadelphia, PA, USA).
- Publications in magazines of recognized value. Those collected in the lists by scientific fields of the “Subject Category Listing” of the “Journal Citation Reports” of the “Social Science Citation Index” and of the Science Citation Index (Institute for Scientific Information – ISI-, Philadelphia, PA, USA) will be accepted as such. ).
- Registered patent applications
- Publications in Proceedings of International Congresses endorsed by scientific or technical societies.
- Those PhD Dissertations that justify the fulfillment of some of the following conditions will be admitted for processing:
- At least 1 merit type criterion 3.1
- At least 1 merit type criterion 3.2 and 1 merit type criterion 3.2, 3.3. or 3.4
Justification of the alleged merits:
- Criterion 3.1 – Copy of the article or proof of acceptance
- Criterion 3.2 – Copy of the article or proof of acceptance
- Criterion 3.3 – Copy of the patent application registration
- Criterion 3.4 – Copy of the publication and copy of the documents of the organization of the congress in which the data of the organization, committees and scientific or technical societies that endorse it are recorded.